Monday, January 26, 2009

"Yes" or "No"

"German" or "Chinese"

Sometimes the best motivator is the situation we are dealing with.

For a couple of days I have been wondering which language or learn: German, Chinese or a combination of both. The big problem was that both courses had to start at the same time.

Before taking a decision, I did my preparation according to the guidance of Spencer Johnson's "Yes" or "No". My mind was telling me that I should pick up the useful German. My heart was dragging me towards the "cool" Chinese. As a result I was close to the idea of sparing more time for German and keeping the Chinese as a side dish.

Unfortunately for the Chinese, the organizers turned out to be impolite and I lost my confidence in them. So now I am in a position to study German only and search for a new Chinese language course offering.

Additionally, my next target in mastering the "Yes" or "No" tactics is to take decisions without relying on the circumstances.

1 comment:

Ekaterina Anachkova said...

Many times the decisions we have to take do not depend on us. They just happen. And usually what happens is for our best. This is the same case. I believe that you will find the perfect Chinese course, just after finishing the German one. Good luck :)